How Can I Tell if I have Whiplash?
When you’re in an auto accident, a sudden sports injury or fall where your head whips back and forth, whiplash develops:
- Neck vertebrae grate against each other, compressing the discs in between
- Neck muscles, tendons and ligaments are strained
- Nerves are pinched that could cause pain and dysfunction around the body.
When these things happen, the soft tissues take a while to manifest an inflammatory response, and you may walk away from the sports or car accident feeling fine. A few hours (or even days) later, you may notice the following symptoms:
- Neck stiffness and pain
- Increase in headaches and migraines
- Upper back pain
- Hand and/or arm pain
- Vision, hearing and concentration problems.
- Jaw or facial pain
Chiropractic Care Provides Drug-Free Whiplash Pain Relief Treatment
Because whiplash is a biomechanical neck injury, painkillers cannot fix it. Chiropractic care is especially effective whiplash treatment because it corrects and alleviates the injury itself, which provides natural, drug-free pain relief in the following ways:
- Your chiropractor can diagnose subluxations in the neck where the vertebrae are out of alignment after an accident and provide gentle, precise spinal adjustments to correct posture.
- This relieves pinched nerves and allows strained soft tissues to relax and heal naturally.
Along with chiropractic adjustment techniques, St. Louis chiropractor Dr. Sas will likely recommend rest, gentle neck stretches and other techniques to reduce inflammation and provide natural pain relief. Follow-up chiropractic care ensures that you return to optimum wellness as soon as possible.
Drug Free Whiplash Relief from the Chiropractor St. Louis Goes to after a Car Accident
Whiplash is a serious injury, so visit your St. Louis chiropractor immediately after any car accident or incident where you may have a neck injury. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Sas today for drug-free pain relief: (314) 909-9000. And check our Facebook page’s wellness ideas!